For Immediate Hire: Community Inclusion Specialist
The Community Inclusion Specialist works directly with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to develop self-empowerment and relationship-building skills assisting them in their personal and professional lives. This position partners with our local community to locate and provide accessible community opportunities for our clients. The Community Inclusion Specialist works individually with clients and their support teams to design and implement goal-driven plans based on client abilities, interests, and preferences.
At Cascade, we provide thorough training with 1:1 shadowing and in-depth education, giving our team the tools to succeed and build their own schedules. Cascade provides a unique, supportive environment where our team works independently to offer guidance to their clients and collaborate with community members.
- Are caring and compassionate and enjoy working with and helping others.
- Possess some technical report writing skills for client documentation of progress.
- Have the desire and ability to create and manage their own schedule, coordinating it to meet the needs of their clients. No evenings or weekends required.
Please note: This position will start as part-time, working 25-30 hours a week with about 6 clients seen weekly. We anticipate that within 3-6 months it will be a full-time, 40 hour per week position with 9-10 clients seen weekly. After 90 days of employment, and once full-time hours are reached, this position will qualify for full benefits.
- Experience guiding others, building mentoring relationships, and networking with community resources and partners, utilizing professional or behavioral development and self-empowerment skills.
- High school diploma required; Associates of Arts degree in social science or human
services field or equivalent professional experience, preferred.
- Access to a vehicle for independent travel (mileage reimbursement is provided) with
valid Washington driver’s license with 5 or fewer points, required.
- Able to pass a criminal background check.
We recognize that a great candidate for this position may not precisely meet all of the qualifications and core competencies listed below but may have transferable skills; if you believe you are the right
person for this job and can make that case, we encourage you to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 – $24.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Schedule and Location:
- 8-hour shift, Monday to Friday
- Port Townsend, WA area including onsite and at-home office.